10 years ago
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Happy Mardi Gras!
Hope everyone is having a wonderful Fat Tuesday! I so wish Brian and I could have gone out and had a couple of hurricanes to celebrate and I could have worn my authentic New Orleans Mardi Gras bracelet that Jennie Burke gave me, but my honey is of course on call tonight. Nikki would probably suggest another drink for me but that's another story, oh well maybe next year. I always think of the wonderful Burke family during Mardi Gras because they were the first family I ever knew who really celebrated the holiday. The Burkes have many hometown cities across the US but I think New Orleans is their favorite home after where they live now of course. I loved eating king cake, decorating masks, and dancing around the house in beads and feathers and masks galore with the Burke children. Happy Mardi Gras everyone especially you Burkes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Happy Mardi Gras to you too, Laura! We miss you so very much! We had a wonderful Mardi Gras day, eating King Cake, Jambalaya, wearing beads, making masks...you remember all of that! We have many happy Mardi Gras memories, and we remember celebrating with YOU! We also remember going to New Orleans with you, but I am not sure if you remember going to New Orleans with us. One of Mike's favorite stories is to boast about how he took the nannies out on the town in NOLA!!! Now THAT was a trip to remember. Peace and blessings to our wonderful, beautiful Laura. We love you.
Post a Comment