I haven't posted in a while because Brian was on call last weekend and again this weekend I have been very busy crafting. Most of my projects are gifts though so I don't want to post pics quite yet. Maybe this weekend I'll give a sneak peek of my little projects. I have a few random tips I wanted to share with everyone especially those with little ones.
1. A fun thing to do on some of these long couped up winter days is take a big bubble bath and make them extra fun, but everyone already knows that. Here is my twist on a fun bath: ADD FOOD COLORING. When I was little Sara and I use to bathe together when I would visit KY and my Meme always made us special colored baths. It doesn't stain you or the tub I promise just a few drops and I promise you child will think a pink or blue bath is too cool.
2. Everyday that you pick your child up from school do they have some sort of art project? All those projects pile up quickly but they are just so hard to let go of and you can only hang so many. This is a really great idea but it can be a little pricey but also makes for a great gift. Have one box or bag that you collect their art in for the year. At the end of the year or as the year goes by scan the art into the computer or take it somewhere that they can scan it for you. Decide to keep a few really special pieces for the scrapbook, baby book, or to hang and just throw the rest out. Then with all the scanned images you can make a shutterfly or snapfish coffee table book of your child's beautiful art. You could also make these into grandparents gifts and add a few pages of photos through the year as well. This is another site that makes the art books: http://inkubook.com/default.aspx

3. This isn't a tip but it's something funny I heard and I wanted to share. The father of the children I watch is very tall. He is the tallest person I have ever met. Through life people always asked him if he played basketball and this was his response: No, do you play miniature golf.
I just thought that was so funny.

No comments:
Post a Comment