Friday, September 26, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me & Foster!

Foster and I share the same Birthday. I think that's pretty cool. Today he is 2 and I am 25.  I thought I would use a Jennie Burke writing style and make a list. Here are 25 things I love about my birthday and about my life at 25.

1. September is the best month to have birthday because it is Fall, my favorite season.
2. All the new shows always premiere on my b-day week.
3. I am a Libra.
4. I love that my birthday is on an even number day the 26th, this must be a Libra thing trying to find balance in the universe.
5. I share my b-day with my dog.
6.  I live in an awesome city that has the most delicious desert shops, if only I could decide which one I want to go to tonight.
7. I am going to see Spring Awakening tonight with my hubby, I love Broadway great surprise babe.
8. I have a wonderful husband who is off all weekend for my birthday.
9. Getting presents and mail are two of my favorite things and when you live away all of your presents come in the mail.
10. I think you are a true adult at age 25 because you can vote, drink, drive, (not simultaneously) should have a real job, and are financially independent (well except every time we call mom & dad for a bail out or to go to dinner.)
11. I take that back maybe next year I will be a true adult.
12. I have the best friends in the world.
13. I got a batch of chocolate chip cookies in the mail from my best friend.
14. A bunch of people wrote on my facebook wall. (this one is funny since I hardly ever get on facebook, but today I did.)
15. Since it is fall I usually get a new jacket and jeans from someone for my b-day. 
16. I adore jackets, Brian got me a new North Face fall jacket for another present.
17. My sister wanted to be the first one to wish me a happy birthday so she called me before she went to school at 6:50 am, and she was.
18. My other best friend sang happy birthday to me on my voice mail. 
19. I really like my job, getting to be around children all day is such a treat.
20. I am going to wear a cute dress tonight with cowboy boots. Why? Because I live in NY and not Louisville, people won't look at me like I am strange.
21. There are beautiful colors in the park to look at with all the changing leaves.
22. It is a rainy day, but lately I have been loving my curly locks hair.
23. My parents have taken care of me for almost half of their lives and I love them very much. Thank you for making me who I am at 25.
24. I am glad that I am not 30 yet and had to think of 5 more things to write.
25. Today is my Birthday, Happy Birthday to me.

3 comments:

The Dursts said...

Great list! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAURA! We love you and miss you!
Love,
Nikki, Matt, & Madalyn

The Fowlers said...

Happy Birthday!!! I think the dress and cowboy boots sound cute. Have a great weekend!

Jennie said...

Loved the List, Laura!!! I hope that you had a wonderful birthday. We love you! Burkes xoxo P.S. wanted to tell you...one of my friends used his AIR MILES to buy a walk-on role in "Wicked"!!! I thought of you! He pais his way onto Broadway for a night!!!