I have been away from my blog for a while because I just didn't think I had anything that interesting to write about and everywhere we go I keep forgetting to bring my camera. This weekend was fun though because Brian was off. On Saturday we went to a tailgate put on by the Ortho Department for the Columbia Football game. The food was so delicious they had the best baked beans we have ever had and you know they do say that those beans are good for the heart. Most people probably didn't even know that Columbia has a football team. There are about three times as many people at Male High School football games as there are at Columbia football games. But we had a great time and it was the most beautiful day.
On Sunday the Upper West Side was home to three street fairs. So we went to the farmers market to get our produce for the week and then went to all the street fairs. I love the smells of all the food they cook and looking at the neat crafts. One thing that Brian and I do that is pretty funny is ask how much things are that we know we can't afford, but we pretend like we are interested in buying them any way. Then when we walk away we are like can you believe that they wanted $400 for a mirror with tin tiles around it, but deep down if we had the money we probably would have bought it. I did get a few neat little things for Christmas presents. Those are the best places to get gifts because you can always find really unique things. After going to three street fairs Brian said that he was done for the year on the street fairs. I said OK, but in November we can start to go to the Holiday Fairs. He looked at me and sighed. This is why I really hope we meet some great friends soon so Brian will have a sports buddy and I will have a shopping buddy. Or I could wait 'till Nikki comes for a visit and we could go to all the Holiday fairs in one weekend.
Anyway, here are a few pictures from the past couple of weeks.
On My Birthday after the show
Same night hanging out with my friend Vanessa
The next night I found these flowers laying on the street outside of the Blue Donkey Bar
Some friends at the Central Park Zoo
In Maryland last weekend
Foster living up to his middle name "Beckham"

2 comments:
It's good to hear from you guys. Sounds like everything is going well- I'm jealous of all the great shopping!
That picture of you holding the flowers that you found is really cute. You look good. And so does Brian and Foster "Beckham" Schulz. HAHA. That pic where he is holding him up is soo funny! i love you guys. miss you, <3
Post a Comment