Saturday, August 15, 2009

Playground Dangers

I am not a mom yet but I am a nanny. One of the things I love about New York City and kids are all the supper fun parks and playgrounds that the city offers. They really are a necessity since almost no one has a back yard. Wyatt is the little boy I watch and he lives within a 5 to 10 minute walk to four different playgrounds. I usually don't blog about work stuff but this made me so mad I had to share. On Friday we at one of these great playgrounds on the swings. I didn't notice the group of kids about 25 feet away who were...THROWING ROCKS. Not little gravel pebbles but big huge rocks. What made me notice is when I was hit all of a sudden in the stomach with a rock. It was thrown hard enough to leave a little whelp for a couple of hours. You better believe I left Wyatt in the swing, marched over there and really gave it to them. I was hoping whoever was in charge of the kids heard me, well the whole playground probably could. They were age range from 7 to 10 probably so they knew better. I was standing right in front of the swing pushing Wyatt so it could have just as easily hit him in the head, that's what made me so angry. I love the playground but seriously sometimes parents or caretakers really need to pay attention to what their kids are doing. This is just me venting and now I feel a lot better.
Sweet Wyatt playing at the playground

1 comment:

The Dursts said...

This is so sad! I am glad you stood up to them. Madalyn's been ran over by big kids several times when we are out. It always make mad! Hope your stomach is okay!