I know a lot of you have had quite a bit of snow recently but we haven't. It has barely snowed here since before Christmas. So I was excited about the big snow today. I love snow because it always makes you feel like a little kid. Snow really has it's positives in the city because we don't have to worry about driving anywhere or being stuck at home without milk. Although, I never understood the panic of being stranded without milk; unless you have babies who really need it I promise you can survive without milk (keep in mind I don't really drink the stuff so I could be a little bias.) Now wine or a cold beer on the other hand is what we should stock up on when there is nowhere to go, at least it makes for fun times. Ok, I am a little off track. Anyways, I wish Brian wasn't on nights so we could go sledding together I bet the snow won't be good for sledding by Saturday, oh well. It is still beautiful to look at and I get to play it all day tomorrow with Clementine and Field. Brian on the other hand is not so happy about the snow because his Vegas trip was cancelled since his flight was supposed to leave in the morning. He will recover from this heartbreak soon enough.
More snow fun talk: Today was Nelson's birthday, the father of the family I work for. He was telling me how on the day he was born there was a huge snow storm that basically shut down the city. So it was fitting that it would snow on his Birthday and he didn't have to work because classes were cancelled. His mom sent out this link that was an interesting story about the snow storm in 1969. If anyone wants to read it here is the link and I think it is crazy to think about how efficient we are at snow removal these days.
Also if any of you are are looking for fun things to do with your snow you should look up recipes for snow cream. It's basically slushy ice cream and tastes delicious. Enjoy the snow ya'll I'll try to get some good pictures of it tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment