Thursday, March 18, 2010

Nanny Mondays

I really do have a great job. It's like being a stay at home mom with all the ups and downs of taking care of brilliant little people, but then at 6:00 I give the children back and go home or stop and get a mani-pedi, like I did today, since I have no real responsibilities at home. I also get to sleep in on the weekends (this is one of my favorite things in life!) Lately since the weather has been getting nicer my new friend, Mandy (who is also a hip young nanny), and I have been taking the kids to all kinds of fun places in the city. It's so nice to have a friend that I get along with who watches a little girl the same age as Clementine and they live across the hall. Mandy and I discovered that it really is a small world because Mandy and I both lived in Atlanta and we danced at the same studio, kinda crazy right? Anyways, Since both of the girls don't have any plans on Mondays we decided every Monday we would go on some kind of adventure. Trust me going on the subway with a 4 month old and 2 year old is probably adventure enough for most people. We went to the zoo one week, then last week we walked across the Brooklyn Bridge and explored a new playground in Tribecca, and yesterday we went to the Natural History Museum. New York City wan't just made for adults it's truly a kids playground as well. There are a hundred more places that we have on our list to go and with summer coming up there will be all kinds of free outdoor kids concerts. So any of our friends who would like to visit feel free to bring your little ones. At the museum we went to the special butterfly exhibit and there were hundreds of them flying all around us. It was really neat and if you have a chance to go in one of those butterfly chambers I recommend it but it is really hot inside the chamber (not to mention I had a 15 lb. baby strapped on so sweat was rolling down my face.) I can't wait to see where we go next.

Brooklyn Bridge
Butterflies at the Museum

We were all a little overheated by this point
The Zoo


1 comment:

The Dursts said...

Sounds like so much fun! Can I join in on Nanny Mondays?! You are a great nanny and that family sure is lucky!