Sunday, March 7, 2010

Vodka or Whiskey in a Teacup?

This weekend has been great and very productive. I love feeling like I accomplished a lot over the weekend. It started out with a wonderful italian dinner with friends on Friday night. After dinner we headed to a secret bar for a birthday party of a co-worker. I'm telling you I never know where we are going to end up when we go out these days. This bar was way downtown and there was no sign or even a door to this bar. A man was just standing by a gate that led down a flight of stairs, through an alley and to a back door. Another strange thing was you had to be 25 to get in, but I'm not really sure why. When we went in it was packed and the drinks were served in teacups, beers on tap came in mugs and bottled beers were served in a brown paper bag. Where do people think of these ideas? Well it's never a dull moment at the bars in NYC that's for sure. So it was a fun Friday night.

Saturday and Sunday the weather was amazing and since we have had so much snow we were feeling the cabin fever set in a little. We went shopping/walking all around the city and stopped by my favorite burger joint on Saturday where we spotted Gia and Ashley from the Bachelor a few tables away. Then today we went an awesome bike ride through Central Park. I can't wait for it to get about 10 degrees warmer so we can leave the jackets at home.

Today is also my Dad's and Stephen's birthday so we just want to send out warm birthday wishes to them and we wish we could be there to celebrate. I'm sure they enjoyed their weekends since UofL and UK both won their basketball games. Happy Birthday, we love you.

No comments: