Saturday, February 5, 2011

Sneak Peak

So here is a sneak peak at one of the projects I have been working on. It's a felt play house. When it's all sewed together it fits over a card table. I first saw these cute houses on etsy and I couldn't believe how expensive they were but they are soooo cute. If you want to look at all the different designs here is the link:
I thought, I could make that, so I bought the basic pattern for only $25 and it has been so much fun creating this little house. I'm going to give it to Madalyn for her 3rd birthday. I have almost finished designing the four walls. The part that I have left is the back wall and then I need to add the roof and sew all the walls together. There are also lots of little pieces that velcro onto the sides. I need to finish cutting those pieces and attach all the velcro. This project has been a little on the large side because the pieces of felt are so big. I was trying to explain to Brian why I really need a craft room and after this project I think he finally gets it. I can't wait to see how it finally turns out. I'll post pics of the final project soon. If you like to sew I encourage you to make one too.

The birdhouse wall is my fave!
This is the wall I'm still working on
Some of the little detachable pieces
The fruit will go on the tree

3 comments:

Megan said...

SO cute! You are getting very talented with that sewing machine!

Ashley said...

That is so cute and such a cute idea! Madalyn is going to love it!!

The Dursts said...

LOVE IT!! I couldn't help but look! It's perfect!!