Saturday, December 5, 2009

Busy Busy Me

The reason I was so behind on my Blog this week and for the past two months, not to mention some of my friends may have noticed a lack of phone calls from me, is because I had a crazy week/couple of months. This week I started my new full time position with a family that I use to just help out on nights and weekends. I am sad that I don't get to watch Wyatt anymore, but I really needed to work full time. I am really excited about the new little ones I get take care of now; Clementine is 19 months and Field is 6 weeks. Nikki and I will have lots to talk about because her children are almost the same age and sex. My new hours are 8-6 so this week has been busy.

On top of that back in August I decided that I really wanted to go back to school. I was thinking about a masters in education for a while but that just seemed like an easy option for me because I do like working with children and I would have a nice schedule, but that wasn't ultimately what I would choose to do if I could go back for anything. So I thought about it A LOT and Brian and I talked it over and over and over and I decided that I wanted to go to law school for several reasons. So I took a Kaplan course and have been studying for hours everyday and this morning I took the LSAT. I hope I don't have to take it over again because I have been very stressed and completely consumed by this test. I am going to still work for a little over a year and a half to save and then I am applying for starting in the Fall 2011 term. The reason I didn't really tell everyone about my plans was because I wanted the least amount of pressure on me and it was nice to talk about things other than the test when I did have time to chat. My plans from here include school research, applications, personal statements... And I am going to try to work with Clementine's dad or one of his colleagues on a project since he is a professor at a law school. Wish my score good luck.

2 comments:

The Fowlers said...

No need for luck- I'm sure you did great!

Jennie said...

I agree with the Fowlers, Laura! We miss and love you!!!