So I have been away from the blog for about a month now so I thought it was time to get back on. I am just finally getting back into the normal swing of things after the holidays. It was so much fun going home and seeing everyone and I'm sure I had several long blogs I could have posted about the trip but I'm just going to touch on a few of the highlights through the photos.
First, here is what our finished Christmas tree looked like this year.
Let me start by telling you about our drive home to Louisville. It was the night it started snowing a lot and Brian thought we should get as far as we could before we were stuck in New York. At 4 am when we got off the turnpike we had to get a hotel because we were traveling at 30 mph on the highway. Thank goodness we found a vacancy. And by morning the roads were cleared so we could make it home just in time to see Lindsey dance at her college basketball game. Her team is really good and I'm glad we were able to see her dance.
Another highlight was hanging out with Matt, Nikki, Whitney, Creed, and their children, especially meeting this new little guy Hayden. I think Brian and Hayden have matching hair.

Another stop while we were home was to the land where my parents are building their new house. It's so peacefully and beautiful. This is the view that they will see every morning out the back windows. I can't wait to see it in the summer.
Nikki and Whitney were great hosts and had a yummy cookie party.

We were able to get in lots of Foster cuddle time. This is our family Christmas photo.

We open our presents with Brian's family on Christmas Eve after church and we usually have lots of fun. Here is an example: Stephen-I think he was trying on all his presents at the same time but I'm not really sure.

Example #2 Brian and Andrew and their Dad got Das Boots to drink their beer out of. Stephen already had one.


Then on Christmas morning we go to my parents and have a marathon present session and it is so much fun also. Here is Brian checking out his new driver I got him. But his best gift was the new computer he got from my parents so now he can do all his work from home like reading X-rays.
Dad's fishing pole for the lake behind the new house.
This is Tony Lindsey's boyfriend and he joined us as well since his family lives in Bulgaria.
After presents the extended family comes over for a delicious dinner and family time.
This was a great Christmas trip home and we are so blessed.


No comments:
Post a Comment