Pier 6 is another wonderful reason that my friends with little ones should come to NYC for a visit. In Brooklyn they are finishing an area called Brooklyn Bridge Park and the park is a collection of piers along the East River. Each pier is going to have it's own unique attraction and they are all very modern hip parks with lots of nature incorporated. Pier 1 has been opened for a while and we go there quite a bit because it had an amazing view of the water, downtown Manhattan, the Statue of Liberty, and the Brooklyn Bridge. Pier 6 is a further walk but it's well worth it. The 1.6 acre playground has a swing valley, slide mountain, sandbox village, and a water lab sprinkler park. I wish I had playgrounds this cool when I was growing up. The slides are so big at slide mountain even I was going down them. It was so big we didn't even have time to check out the swing valley. Can't wait to spend many more hot summer days there.




No comments:
Post a Comment