Brian really wants to run it so he is going to start applying now because if you apply three years in a row and don't get in then you automatically get in the next year. He applied one year before in college with Jon Lloyd but neither of them made it in. Jon did eventually run it two years ago but Brian still wants to. He also wants me to join him and I reminded him of how I tried to train for the mini marathon in Louisville and I only made it to the 6 or 7 mile point before I quit. I don't think I could add 20 more miles on top of that. But he insists I could, so maybe I will train with him to start and try to do a mini again. To be nice Brian did say if I run it he will run at my pace so we can cross the finish line together. All he wants to do is finish and then after we can get massages and pedicures. I always tell him how wonderful pedicures are but he will never go with me.
I do remember the first ever race I did was a 5K. I ran with Nikki Durst for Jennie Burke's mom for the brest cancer cure. It was an amazing feeling when we finished and I would encourage anyone to run a race sometime in their life no matter what the distance is because it really is a spirit lifter. Congratualations to all you runners out there who finished the marathon.

No comments:
Post a Comment