Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Belated Halloween!

Halloween was not too much different in the city than it was at home. In our building if you put an orange door hanger on the handle then that ment you were passing out candy. I bought 3 good sized bags of candy and started passing out around 5:45 pm. By 7:00pm I was completely out of candy, well except for the 10 or so pieces I kept for myself. I did not expect to have so many trick-or-treaters. But the timing worked out well because Elaina, Sylvia, and their new roomate Megan came over and we took Elaina out. She was dressed as Princess Bell. Elaina is very shy around strangers and she would not say trick-or-treat eventhough she practice for 30 minutes beforehand. She did say thank you everytime so maybe next year we will get the first part down. We went one block over to 87th street. They had the street closed off and all the brownstones were decked out with decorations. One even had a very spooky haunted house. It `was kind of like a block party and we had a lot of fun. Brian was working in the ER untill midnight so I thought he would have some great stories for me but all he got was one plastic sword through someones eye. Brian said the crazy stuff probably would come in around 2 or 3 am. I normally dress up but I didn't have a huge closet of stuff you only use on Halloween to chose from this year so I found this shirt for $5.00 at Target and at least I felt festive. Hope everyone had fun trick-or-treating.





No comments: