Sunday, February 7, 2010

Missing Brian and Other Projects

The Past couple weeks Brian has been on his night rotation. We miss each other by one hour coming and going so the only time we get to spend together is from Saturday around noon until Sunday at noon when he leaves to go back to work. In that time on Saturday he has to nap/sleep because he worked on the Friday night before so it's really less than 24 hrs that we are together. I'm so glad he only has two weeks left of nights and then he never has to do it again.

Since I have all this free time on my hands I have been tuning into my creative side. My parents gave me a sewing machine for Christmas and I have been trying to teach myself how to sew. I am really starting from scratch since I have never even touched a sewing machine before. On Thursday nights this month I'm taking a beginners sewing class. It's a lot of fun and I never knew there was so much to sewing. We are making a tote bag with lots of little details so when it's complete I'll post a picture. I can't wait to make all kinds of things with my machine. I have also been painting and paper crafting. I can't post the pictures of my creations just yet because most of them are gifts. But I will eventually.

These are all my fun fabrics that I am going to create with :)
I made this little tutu for Clementine.
I am going to give it to her for her Birthday. Her signature color is orange but I couldn't find orange tulle so I used orange ribbon for the waist band.

Some other exciting news is that Brian received a scholarship to go to an orthopedic conference in Las Vegas. He is only going to be there for two and a half days but it's such a great learning opportunity for him. Not mention everything is paid for. I am so proud of him and when great things like this happen it just confirms that we made the right choice to move here even if we have to be away from our family and friends that we miss a lot. Brian is luck to have so many wonderful opportunities here everyday.

2 comments:

The Dursts said...

Love the tutu!! Can't wait to see all of your creations too!

Unknown said...

I wish you were here to make something for me! Mary Clare got a tutu for Christmas and she loves twirling in it!