Saturday, August 24, 2013

Starting Solids

When they turned 5 months we started to give them their first solids. We started with rice cereal and they really didn't like it but we continued it for about a week. Everyday they made horrible faces and spit it out so I tried oatmeal and they liked that much better. Now they eat two full meals day, breakfast and dinner. I have made all of their baby food except the oatmeal and prunes and they love it all. So far I think their favorite is green beans. It is so easy to make and I can make about 25-30 servings for what 4 jars of food would cost. So far they have had oatmeal, avocado, green beans, sweet potatoes, and prunes. Next I think we will try pears or apples. I take lots of meal time photos because there is just something so cute about a messy food baby face.
1st Bite
More on the face than in the mouth


Still not into it 
New fashion statement the sideways bib
(I did not put them on this way this is how they both just ended up)
Now they like it here is Hudson going for the spoon

 Open big
 Messy
 Prune face

 Avocado face
 Green beans


No comments: