Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Wedding Weekend

We went to an amazing and very extravagant wedding in June. It was the first time we were both away for a whole night, and on a real date, from Hudson and Hadley. The groom was Greek and for those of you who have seen My Big Fat Greek Wedding this was it. The reception was at an amazing castle on Long Island which is the same castle in the wedding scene at the end of the movie Hitch. The whole reception was about 6 hours long and there was so much food the entire time. The appetizers alone were more food than at any wedding I have been to. There were two rooms of appetizer stations including: oysters, shrimp, a caviar bar, a Greek food bar, three carving stations with skirt steak, pork and lamb, chicken crepes, 4 different pastas, and more that I didn't even try because I was so full. Then there was a full sit down dinner with a first course and three entree choices. I think the desserts  were the best part though. There was an entire room with wedding cake, eight different cheese cakes, a sorbet and custard bar, a chocolate fountain, cookies, cupcakes, apple strudel, banana's foster station, macaroons, coffee, I filled up two plates and went into a sugar coma. Then the favor was a crystal bowl from Tiffanys. We had a lot of fun but I had a hard time lasting that long and pumping at a wedding is not very fun but a small price to pay. Thank you to Grandma and Grandpa for watching the babies and to the Tebbe's who let us stay at their apartment for the weekend.
First time trying Caviar
The back of the mansion
The side gardens
I love the cute "Love Birds" cake topper 
He is a DJ on the side that's why he has the headphones on
Ballroom with pink lighting that changed throughout the night
Beautiful Flowers Everywhere
Favors
Kevin & Diana


The party bus shuttle back to the city, not quite sure what Brian was doing here
In the morning at the Tebbe's 
Tired from the long weekend

No comments: